£315,000 boost in orders as new homes market picks up
June 01 2010
A Cottenham-based company has received a welcome £315,000 worth of new orders as it sees the new build homes market continue to pick up.
Kershaw Contracting Services has been awarded six new contracts in the last fortnight. Three of them are to fit insulation to new houses.
Last month the company announced two contracts to fit loft insulation to new builds in Over, Cambridgeshire, and Saffron Walden.
Managing director Ian Macklin said: “Our analysts said the new homes market would start to recover as we went into the summer and that seems to be the case.
“After a very rough 18 months for the market, new home builders are showing their confidence by pushing forward with construction.
“It can only be a good sign for the economy – it’s certainly great news for our company.”
“But we are starting to see a number of orders come in now. Our analysts are becoming increasingly confident that the market will start to pick up again as we go further into 2010.”
The new contracts won by Kershaw Contracting Services are:
- Loft insulation for contractor Durken, on new homes at the east Dulwich estate in London
- Loft insulation for Persimmon Homes in Stanground, Peterborough
- Cavity wall and loft insulation for Persimmon Homes in Arbury Park, Cambridge
- Cavity wall insulation for hard to treat homes, in Greenwich, under the Social Housing Energy Saving Programme (SHESP). The contractor is Apollo Property Services
- Further SHESP works for Lovell in Hackney
- Loft insulation under the Decent Homes Scheme in Hammersmith and Fulham
Kershaw Contracting Services has decades of experience in insulation and new boiler installations for homeowners and new home developers.
As well as central heating systems and fitting cavity wall insulation and loft insulation, the company specialises in the safe removal of asbestos.
It is a division of the Cambridge-based Kershaw Group.
Parts of the Kershaw Group have a history stretching back 120 years. It employs around 200 people and is well known for its involvement in the community.
NOTES TO EDITORS
For further information or to arrange interviews with Kershaw Contracting Services, please contact Zoe Coll on 08452 303049, or email firstname.lastname@example.org